Martin Lawrence shuts down rumors about his health amid concerns

4 Min Read
Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic

Martijn Laurens wants you to know he’s doing well.

The Bad Boys: Ride or Die star shut down rumors about his health on Tuesday, June 4, edition of Ebro in the morning on Hot 97, amid concerns on social media following the new film’s premiere in Los Angeles on May 30.

A clip from the event that went viral last week shows Lawrence and Costar Will Smith on top of a bus that addressed the fans in attendance. Some people speculated that Smith helped Lawrence look over the side of the bus to see the crowd because he looked shaky.

“I’m doing good,” Martin told Hot 97’s Ebro Darden Tuesday. “I am in God’s hands. I am blessed. I’m happy to wake up every day. I’m completely fine. There is no need for people to worry.”

A guide to the biggest blockbuster films of summer 2024, Twisters Deadpool and Wolverine and more 086

Related: Us’ complete guide to the summer’s biggest blockbuster movies

Jay Maidment/20th Century Studios/MARVEL;Dan McFadden/CTMG, Inc; Universal From action-adventure to heartbreaking romance, there’s a summer blockbuster for every type of cinephile this year, and Us Weekly has the complete guide to them all. Potentially the most anticipated film of the season, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, serves as fifth […]

He later added: ‘I’m as healthy as hell. Stop the rumors.”

Commenting on the clip, Lawrence said he was simply surprised by the number of fans who gathered at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood to see him and Smith.

See also  Larsa Pippen 'seeing where things go' with ex Marcus Jordan after beach reunion

“I thought, oh, these are rock concerts. What the hell is going on? For a movie? I was like, oh, my goodness,” Lawrence, 59, added.

Everything you need to know about Will Smith and Martin Lawrence's 'Bad Boys 4'
Columbia Pictures/Moviestore/Shutterstock

Lawrence has had some highly publicized health issues in the past.

In May 1996, the actor was briefly hospitalized for exhaustion and dehydration after police stopped him at a busy intersection in Los Angeles, where he shouted, “Fight the power,” police said. WashingtonPost. A hospital spokesperson said Lawrence suffered a seizure as a result of not taking prescribed medication.

In August 1999, the Martin star was in a coma for three days after experiencing severe heat exhaustion while exercising. He fell into a coma after returning home from a jog Los Angeles Times reported at the time.

Lawrence and Smith are currently looking to promote Bad boys 4the latest installment in the action-comedy franchise that launched with Bad boys in 1994.

At the Los Angeles premiere last week, Smith credited Lawrence with bringing him into the franchise more than 30 years ago.

“Martin had this script, so Martin got me involved Bad boysand from the first time we sat and talked, the chemistry was just magical,” he said.

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *